Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Product Review- Femme Couture Get Flawless 8-n-1 Foundation



When I first found this foundation at Sally Beauty Supply back in March (you can buy online at SallyBeauty.com), I was super excited by the claims on the back.  An 8-in-1 foundation?  Sounds too good to be true.  Sadly, it was.

The first time I used it was in my video on How to Apply Foundation with A Foundation Brush.  My initial thoughts on it were great.  I used it over the Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer, applied it with my foundation brush from Crownbrush.com, and all was good.  I only wore it for a few hours, and it didn't irritate my skin.  The finish on it was nice and matte, and the color matched my skin great.  I'd bought two bottles in two different shades, one lighter for my paler days and one darker for when I got a bit more of a tan.  I wish I'd just purchased the one bottle in the lighter shade, but at least I was only out $11.99.

They have a lot of pigment and a nice consistency.  Too bad they make me break out. :(


The second time I wore this foundation was back in April, and I applied it with my blending sponge from Qosmedix.com.  I think that using a damp sponge messed with the formula, because it caused the foundation to make these weird shiney circles on my skin.  Almost like mica flecks.  When I applied it with a brush, I didn't get this issue at all.  I really think it was from the water in the sponge breaking down the foundation somehow.  This doesn't bode well for the wearability of the foundation, especially if I'm going to sweat in the summer!

Later on that I day I went to get a facial, and as she was removing my foundation she noticed I had some irritated red bumps on the apples of my cheeks beside my nose.  I'd felt a little bit itchy there throughout my wedding that morning but hadn't thought anything of it.  Sure enough, once the foundation was removed I had itchy splotches all over my face!  The only thing new I'd used was the foundation, but I didn't want to blame that right away just in case I'd come into contact with something else that was causing the irritation.

I tried the foundation one more time, this time applying it with a brush instead of the sponge.  I didn't get the shiney mica flecks/spots again, but within a few minutes my face started to itch big time.  I took the foundation off right away, and the irritation stopped.



I was really bummed to find that my skin was so sensitive to this foundation, especially since it had done just fine the first time.  The finish with the brush is really nice, and I didn't need to powder.  The lighter color looked like it matched my skin nicely.  Overall, I'm just really bummed this didn't work for me.  It will be going in my "losers" drawer in the bathroom where I stash all the products that didn't work for me.  I'll do some patch tests with a friend or someone else that might like it to see if they have a problem with it.  If not, I'll pass it along to them.  Maybe it will end up in their "winners" pile!

Have you ever tried this foundation?  Did it work for you?  This is the first time that I've ever had such a strong reaction to a foundation before.

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering what colors you got for this foundation. What's the lightest color? Is Ivory lighter than Fair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. It was so long ago. The store should be able to guide you on the color better. They might have changed some since then, too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...