Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Product Review- NYX Butter Gloss



Colors left to right: Tiramisu, Apple Strudel, Eclair

 

**Updated 3/3/14**  Here's my video review I did with an additional 7 colors I've added to my collection in the last several months!  Enjoy! 

 

 

From the Brand: Buttery soft and silky smooth, our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.

 

Retails for: $5.00


Where to Buy: Ulta, Ulta.com, Nyxcosmetics.com, I've also seen NYX products at Target but never this particular gloss.


My Thoughts:  This is probably my favorite brand/formula of gloss right now.  The name butter gloss says it all.  It really does feel buttery soft, and it's not sticky at all.  The colors are nice and sheer, but they don't make your lips look chalky or pale.  They smell delicious, and with names like Tiramisu and Apple Strudel, why wouldn't they?!


I currently only own three colors, but I plan on stocking up on the rest of them as soon as I'm off my No Buy Challenge at the end of August and Ulta has a BOGO deal on NYX products.  (We all know what a sucker I am for Ulta's BOGO's!)  The colors I have are Tiramisu, Apple Strudel, and Eclair.  The Tiramisu is labeled as a brown on their website, but it's more of a soft taupey nude color in my world.  It doesn't make my lips look like I'm living in a Bobbi Brown ad from 1995, and it's a very wearable color I think would be perfect on just about any skin tone.  Eclair is a gorgeous baby pink, but like I said it's not a chalky color.  I'm super fair, and I wear this on my lips with no other makeup for just a touch of color and shine.  Apple Strudel is a peachy-coral kind of color, and it definitely adds a touch of peach to my lips.  It's a little more contrasty, since I'm fair and my lips are naturally very pink, but it's still very wearable on its own.

This lipgloss wears very well.  Its non-sticky, non-drying, and leaves my lips feeling like there's something on them for about 3-4 hours even with drinking.  The color will soak in and fade a bit with drinking as will the shine, but my lips won't feel naked.  It is fairly sweet to taste but not obnoxiously so.


Final Verdict:  A total winner in my book, and I can't wait to buy the rest of the shades!

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I love these glosses! I am currently obsessed with Angel Food Cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merengue is my favorite, but the new Cherry Pie comes a close second!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...