Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Product Review- Smashbox High Defining Concealers

Smashbox High Defining Concealer Review
Smashbox High Defining Concealer Review

 

Smashbox High Defining Concealer Review 

 

From the Brand:   Our revolutionary weightless concealer instantly smoothes skin and makes dark circles and imperfections virtually disappear. Soft focus pearls reflect light to minimize the appearance of fine lines and blemishes. The soft touch precision applicator provides the smoothest application for the most delicate skin areas. Provides buildable coverage with a natural finish. Try pairing with High Definition Healthy FX Foundation for a flawless complexion.

Retails for:   $22.00

Where to Buy:    Smashbox.com, Sephora Stores, Sephora.com, Ulta Stores, Ulta.com

My Thoughts:   I love these concealers!  As you can see, I own them in every color, and they are a regular part of my wedding day makeup kit.  When I finally switch over to airbrush only in my commerical/private practice, I'll be taking these along with me.  They blend amazingly well with my airbrush makeup, both being silicone based.  Straight out of the tube, they are very pigmented but very creamy and a thin enough consistency that you can get great coverage without a lot of product.  It's the perfect concealer for people who wear a sheer tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead of a heavier coverage foundation.  It will look completely natural on the skin while still providing coverage.

The only thing negative I can find to say about these are the color fair is super super light.  I haven't found anyone who really needed a color that light straight out of the tube, but I could see someone of my coloring using it as a highlighter to brighten the under eye area and sculpt the face for a contoured look without a shimmery highlighting product.  Also, you shouldn't use their "applicator", and squeeze it out onto the back of your hand or other clean surface and apply it to your face from there.

If I'm applying it a bride, I need to know that it's going to be an all day lasting product, and I definitely get that with this concealer.  It doesn't settle under the eyes, disappear, or melt with the heat when used on other areas of the face due to its silicone chemistry.

Final Verdict:  One of my all time favorite high end concealers and worth the higher price tag for the quality, coverage, and lasting power.

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...